HAVQG welcomes all who are interested in quilts and quilting.
The benefits of membership in HAVQG include:
- Attendance at the Guild’s monthly meetings at no additional charge. The Guild meets monthly from September through June. Our meetings regularly feature guest speakers from the region as well as the larger quilting community and programs that allow members to share their interests and talents while becoming better acquainted.
- Participation in workshops taught by guest speakers and talented members.
- Access to the Guild’s library of 350+ volumes. The collection covers a wide range of topics including quilt history, construction and embellishment techniques (traditional and contemporary), design, color, patterns, etc. A selection is available at each meeting.
- Opportunities to contribute to and participate in group projects and community service. A few examples include the Guild’s annual in-house, member raffle quilt; our biennial quilt show raffle quilt; quilts made for members of our larger community such as foster children, veterans, hospitalized individuals, etc.
- Participation in our biennial show. The Guild holds a show every other year featuring the work of its members – although our 2021 show was cancelled by the events of 2020, we are already planning for 2023. Our shows are well-attended by the public and includes a variety of other activities, such as a mini-quilt auction, vendors from throughout the region, activities for children, the raffle quilt, quilt appraisals, etc.
- More importantly, you will find a welcoming group of men and women who are interested in learning more about you and sharing with you their appreciation of quilting in all of its forms.
Annual dues covering July through June are $35. Dues may be paid to the membership secretary at any Guild meeting or sent to:
Hands Across the Valley Quilters Guild
PO Box 831
Amherst, MA 01004
Non-members may attend Guild meetings for a $5 guest fee.