Monthly guild meetings are held on Sunday afternoons from 2:30-4:30pm. Meetings in September and December 2022 and January, February, March and June of 2023 are held on the second Sunday of the month. Those in October and November 2022 and May 2023 are on the first Sunday.
The locations for the meetings may change from month to month owing to a meeting site needing the room for a prior obligation. Check carefully each month as to where the meeting will be held. January 2023 will be via ZOOM.
Guests are always welcome and encouraged! Non-members may attend individual guild meetings for a fee of $5.00 per meeting. There is plenty of parking and handicap access.
NOTE: In the event of inclement weather, the Guild President will decide by 9:00 a.m. of that morning whether or not to hold a meeting. A cancellation will be announced on NEWS40 Storm Trackers WGGB-TV and on this website.
Stay tuned for details on 2023 meetings
- Debbie Averill: “Designing a Dogtooth Border” A Simple Way to Add a Zigzag Border Without Piecing a Stack of Triangles.
- Carolyn Croteau: “Embroidered Embellishments with Wool Appliqué”.
- Sara Fredette: “Freezer Paper Prep and Ladder Stitch for Hand Appliqué”.
- Iola Sylvan: “Recycled Garden Flower Collage” Raw Edge Appliqué and Fusing to Create a Small, Scrappy Wall Hanging.
December 11: 2:30pm at South Church, 1066 Southeast St, Amherst. Social Holiday Gathering, Refreshments, Show and Tell, with some business and quilt show updates.
January 8th 2:30pm ZOOM meeting. Guest Lisa Ruble will speak on “Confessions of a Quilt Magazine Editor: an insider’s look at the world of quilt magazine publishing.” Zoom details will be sent to membership prior to the meeting.
February 11 & 12, 2023 Community Projects Weekend
February 11, Saturday: 9AM to 3PM, MT Toby Meeting House, 194 Long Plain Road, Leverett. Tie Baste quilt tops, make and attach binding (for finishing on Sunday). What to bring:
- Sewing machine to sew fabric strips into binding and attach to quilts
- Power strip or extension cord to plug in your machine
- Basic sewing supplies, thread, scissors, pins, etc…
- We are looking for two volunteers to bring ironing boards and irons
If you are planning on staying for the entire day, bring your own lunch. Bring a snack is you wish to share.
February 12: 2:30PM to 4PM, South Church of Amherst, 1066 South East Street, Amherst. Hand finish binding and attach labels. What to bring:
- Hand sewing supplies
March 12th 2:30pm at South Church of Amherst, 1066 South East Street, Amherst. “One-month-to-go” preparations and tune up for the Quilt Show.
April 22nd and 23rd, Saturday & Sunday, Hands All Around Quilt Show, Robert Crown Gymnasium, Hampshire College, Amherst. 10am-4pm each day.
May 7th 2:30pm at South Church of Amherst, 1066 South East Street, Amherst. Still a work in progress, details to come, but we think you’ll like it!
June 11th 2:30pm at South Church of Amherst, 1066 South East Street, Amherst. End of the Year meeting, with refreshments, election of new officers, in-house raffle quilt drawing, Show and Tell.